Saturday, June 10, 2006

Diaper Cakes




Okay, you've been to a million and one baby showers and you always give the expecting mom the same old thing, right? My diaper cakes are the perfect alternative to the same old boring baby gifts. I make two tiered (pictured) and one layer cakes. The cakes are made out of diapers and stuffed with toys, socks, a variety of needed baby products, and either safety pins for boys or hair clips for girls. I can also include an embroidered onsie for an extra $5. I usually do them in color schemes and can use silk flowers if desired. These are perfect for the hostess giving the shower, the cake makes a beautiful centerpiece, can be used for a game (how many diapers are in the cake?, how long will it take the expecting mother to use all the diapers in the cake?), and at the end of the shower the Mommy gets to take it home as a gift. My two layered cakes generally run $40 and my one layered cakes are about $25. For more examples of cakes that I have made click on Gift Cakes under links.

4 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you do a ladybug theme?

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Little Miss Sew it All said...

Yes, in fact I have an entire ladybug baby shower kit available if you are interested. Email me and I'll send you some pictures. It comes with the cake (and accessories), plates, cake plates, two games, plastic silverwear, napkins, and cups. It's everything but the food that you will need for a baby shower.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How Many people is it made for? How much?

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Little Miss Sew it All said...

It's made for twenty and I forgot to mention that it comes with hand made invitations. All for $65 plus shipping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home